I perpetually find myself with more projects than I have time.
I own/operate several internet forums:
I’m also involved in the open-source community:
- Member of the core teams for Flask, Jinja2, and FactoryBoy.
- Maintain several of my own projects on GitHub.
- Active on StackOverflow.
I’ve started/sold two successful companies–LinkedIn has the highlights if you want to learn more. I reflected on the emotional journey of being an entrepreneur in this interview… it’s like nothing else that I’ve ever experienced.
In a former life, I was a specialist in marketing on Facebook, particularly their newsfeed algorithm. Without using any ad spend, I was the outside consultant who:
- Helped YouTube become the fastest growing page on Facebook
- Helped the Redskins become the fastest growing NFL team on Facebook
- Was routinely quoted as a Facebook marketing expert by CNN, Fortune, the Wall Street Journal, AdAge, Adweek, TechCrunch, Mashable, etc.
Other random accomplishments:
- When I worked at TechCrunch, on my own initiative, I hired someone overseas and completely outsourced my job. I grew that into a team who accomplished 3x the work at 1/2 the price of a US employee.
- Wrote a Mashable guest post that was their most-shared post that week.
- Hiked 50 miles in 24 hours with a 35lb pack.
- Perfect verbal PSAT score as a highschool sophomore.
- Attended college barefoot for a quarter.
I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, and a piece of my heart will always yearn to be climbing or backpacking in the North Cascades with my best friend.